When my wife came home with bedbugs from a camp two years ago we freaked out. I’d thought bed bugs were only a myth, not a real problem that could attack a normal middle american family like ours. So we scoured the interwebs for good definitions, videos and facts and found very little. We on a mission this winter to aggregate some of that data for you.
I took away five great facts about bedbugs from this great two-minute video by NatGeo, here they are:
1. Bed bugs sneak in through the tiniest cracks in homes and rooms.
2. Bed bugs use heat sensors on their antennae to find a good spot to get blood.
3. Bedbugs have an anesthetic that keeps you from waking and an anticoagulant that keeps the blood flowing freely.
4. A bedbug may eat 3 times its bodyweight in a single meal.
5. IF you have a serious infestation you might get bitten 500 times in a single night.
Some articles would have you believe there’s a silver bullet for bed bugs. There’s not. But you can and should take a multi tiered approach at getting rid of those pests.
1. Move furniture and beds away from the walls.
2. Remove all coverings and wash on high heat with some serious detergentage, some people add a cup of Best Yet to their wash.
3. Vacuum the room, grab a paint scraper and run it along the walls and tiny cracks to make sure you’re getting at all the pests and eggs.
4. Run our Fogger and 1 gallon of Best Yet solution to get the pesky pests.
5. Re arrange everything you disassembled to get at the pests.
Continue with life as normal. Repeat again in 13-14 days.
For more information see our article on Best Solutions for Eliminating Bed Bugs.
via Bed Bugs – YouTube.